Sunday, November 7, 2010

#14, Technorati

I guess I got a little ahead of myself, as I have already visited Technorati, and checked its top one hundred list earlier on this quest.

So, I went back, and found Mashable.com, a site that I remember was extensively quoted for a peice that I read on the times.

These social sites, promoting web 2.0 and user created art and articles, seem to always have the scoop over the papers.

Remember how important getting the scoop used to be?  Is it still promonent?  Do editors still chase scoops, or do the let the net report, guage the response, and then choose to carry it?

I'm really starting to get confused as to what Blogs mean to papers, and I'm considering that perhaps the two compliment each other more than many in either industry (blog or paper) would like to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment