Monday, November 8, 2010

#21, Read about library 2.0:

The first article I read:
  1. “Chip Nilges.htm [OCLC],” http://www.oclc.org/nextspace/002/4.htm.
Ha! that citation was from Zotero!  I have citation superpowers, and I will never, hopefully ever, have to worry about comma's and all that other awful stuff that I don't want to do.

So, Back to the article... an article where he really talks about Tim O'Reilly, and how they follow what he said.

I particularly enjoyed the part where he said that Tim said that every noteworthy Internet application had been backed by a specialized database.  When considering that, you really have to elevate the value of being able to store, access or analyze data in a unique way.  Otherwise, you won't have a special enough specialized database.

 "But the avalanche of material available will put a premium on service, on tailoring information to needs, and on developing participatory relationships with customers."
  1. “Dr Wendy Schultz.htm [OCLC],” http://www.oclc.org/nextspace/002/6.htm.
That there smells like a couple of jobs!  I like this lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment