Sunday, November 7, 2010

#16, Google Docs

I knew of Google docs, their potential, their threat to Microsoft, etc.

But I never really used them until earlier  this semester.

They are now my preferred way to create, save, and move my documents about.  My students use GMail, docs, and calendar to collaborate.

My hope is that very soon, I will have audio broadcast synced in, so even if I don't have a classroom, I will be able to have my students around the library, the campus, and at home, listening to my words as well-timed, theatrical Google presentations assist in wrapping their neurons around concepts that would, if not for Google Docs, escape them.

In other words, I don't see much potential for collaborative programs that allow chatting, automatically save my work, and allow me to go back in time.  Please, someone restore Microsoft's hegemony on what I perceive as acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment