Sunday, November 7, 2010

#17, Two more Google Tools:

Wow, I checked out the "labs" page, for google, and I found some cool stuff:

"Open Spot for Android works by letting people who are leaving parking spots share their spots with people who are searching for parking. Earn 'karma points' and help others save time, gas and frustration (Requires Android 2.0; only available in US, Canada and the Netherlands)."

wow, karma points, I can't believe I didn't think of that one.

This next one also got me thinking:

"WalkyTalky
Eyes-free accessible navigation aid for Android."
 Just the title of this page gave me an idea.  When I had translation issues in Korea, I occasionally would call a teacher friend.  What if a blind person could call a "seeing-eye person"  Who would then use the blind person's Android camera to ascertain what was going on, and give assistance?

I hate not having a developer friend to run these ideas by.

No comments:

Post a Comment