Monday, November 8, 2010

#19, Rollyo

I had never heard of rollyo.  I had never considered a personal websearch, other than letting Google improve their search for you based on past searches.

It wasn't until I was forced to create an account (something I've gotten much faster at, lately,) created a custom search, and performed a search, that I saw the potential.

I had entered a bunch of my favorite newspapers, and I did a search for Hamas.  What I got back was a search result like I had never seen.  No ads at the top, no paid placements.  Just good articles, about a very controversial subject.  A subject that a typical, web-wide search would return vitriol and polemic.

Can I forsee a world where our children will use their own custom search tools, their own bots, and their own, custom interface?

Did you hear someone already hacked Microsoft's Kinect?

Oh yeah, I really did create an account, but couldn't link to it because I kept getting this message, which is what I got when I tried to use some of your links.

No comments:

Post a Comment